HOW TO RECOGNISE TOXIC PEOPLE – look out for the signs!
The following are 15 signs of a toxic relationship. Toxic people are very talented in withholding their true nature. By the time you have discovered their toxicity, it’s usually too late, as they have already moved into your life. This video outlines the 15 red flags that indicate you are in a Toxic relationship.
However, the good news is that you are the gate-keeper of your life. You can let in who you want and reclaim your power by not accepting anyone who violates your integrity and values.
15 SIGNS OF A TOXIC RELATIONSHIP!
1. SIGNS OF A TOXIC PERSON – HE/SHE IS OPINIONATED AND JUDGEMENTAL
2. THE PERSON IS MANIPULATIVE AND CONTROLLING, WOULD OFTEN SAY ‘IF YOU CARED FOR ME YOU WOULD….’
3. CHRONIC SARCASM, ALWAYS TRYING TO PUT SOMEONE DOWN.
4. HAS A CONTROLLING NATURE, ‘I DON’T THINK YOU SUIT THAT DRESS AS MUCH AS YOUR GREEN ONE.’
5. HE WILL BE MOODY AND GO INTO A RAGE QUICKLY. HE WILL USE ANGER TO CONTROL YOU.
6. HE HS EXTREME INSECURITIES. IF YOU DON’T AGREE WITH HIM HE WILL USE PASSIVE AGGRESSION UNTIL YOU REASSURE HIM, HE IS RIGHT.
7. ALWAYS PLAYS THE VICTIM. HAS THE WORLD VIEW THAT PEOPLE ARE OUT TO GET HIM.
8. SELF-CENTRED, ALWAYS LOOKING FOR HIS NEEDS TO BE MET. WAT’S IN IT FOR HIM!
9. THEY DO THEIR BEST TO AVOID RESPONSIBILITY.
10. THEY NEVER TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANYTHING THEY DO WRONG; IT’S ALWAYS SOMEONE ELSE’S FAULT.
11. IN A RELATIONSHIP THEY HAVE ALL THE POWER AND CONTROL.
12. YOU ALWAYS WALK ON EGGSHELLS AROUND THEM. YOUR FEAR IS NOT TO ANNOY THEM.
13. YOU KNOW YOU ARE GOING TO SUFFER IF YOU UPSET HIM; THIS CAN BE DONE THROUGH PASSIVE AGGRESSION I.E. SILENT TREATMENT FOR DAYS.
14. TOXIC PEOPLE HAVE NO RESPECT FOR OTHER PEOPLES BOUNDARIES.
15. FINALLY, THE LAST ON THE LIST OF HAVING A TOXIC RELATIONSHIP IS – TOXIC PEOPLE ARE USUALLY NEGATIVE, IF THEY ENTER A ROOM THE WHOLE ATMOSPHERE CHANGES.
There is a significant distinction between a toxic person and someone who is genuinely going through a tough time in their life. A helping hand can be of great benefit to these people. Some people experience mental health issues. In cases like this kind words and support are best.
A person who works hard at becoming more self-aware will soon be able to distinguish between the relationships that are healthy and nurturing compared to the ones that are controlling and toxic.